Terms & Conditions
Regarding online registration
In the event of an error in registration prices or any other prices or discount rates, or coupon prices, on the Discover Camp Registration Site (https://discovercamp.com/register), or the Discover Camp Main Site (https://discovercamp.com/m2), Discover Camp reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such pricing errors.
Due to State of New York Public Health requirements, we are obligated to have on file current immunization records for all campers attending our camp. You must provide a photocopy of your child’s immunization record that indicates they are up-to-date on the following immunizations:
• Diphtheria . Rubella . Measles . Tetanus . Mumps (Please see the Discover Medical Form)
(Please print) I, the parent/guardian of the aforementioned camper, hereby give my consent to Discover Camp/ASAO Inc, who will be caring for my child, to arrange for emergency/medical/surgical/dental care and treatment (including diagnostic procedures) necessary to preserve the health of my child. I acknowledge that I am responsible for all reasonable charges in connection with any care and treatment rendered.
If it is necessary for your child to receive medication during camp, please do the following:
1. Give the medication to the camp medical director. A letter to the camp director signed and dated by a guardian which authorizes staff to administer medication must be sent to camp.
2. Send medication in the original container (with date) properly labeled with the following information:
• Correct name of individual receiving medication
• Time medication is to be taken
• Amount of dosage individual is to receive
AUTHORIZATION FOR CAMP(S) AND EXTENDED CARE
• I understand that Discover Camp/ASAO Inc. will not assume responsibility for accidents and/or medical or dental expenses received as a result of participation in the camp/s.
• I give permission to Discover Camp/ASAO Inc. to dispense the above medication, if any, to my child according to the information provided above. In the event that the emergency contacts cannot be reached, I hereby grant Discover Camp/ASAO Inc. permission to give whatever immediate treatment is necessary and/or take my child to the nearest Hospital Emergency Room (Westchester Medical Center). On behalf of myself and my child, I release Discover Camp/ASAO Inc., its trustees, officers, faculty, and employees from any and all claims arising from emergency treatment and/or administration of medication with respect to my child.
• I understand that no reduction in the tuition will be made for late arrival or early departure.
• I understand that no part of my tuition will be returned if my child should be dismissed from camp.
• I give Discover Camp/ASAO Inc. consent to use the name and/or photograph/video of my child for inclusion in promotional and informational and other materials. This includes (but is not limited to) newspaper, television, and brochures. I waive the right to approve such uses and I release Discover Camp/ASAO Inc. from any liability in connection therewith.
• I understand and acknowledge that participation in the camp and related activities carries with it the possible risk of physical injury. On behalf of my child, I assume all such risk of physical injury and hereby release and forever discharge Discover Camp/ASAO Inc., its trustees, officers, faculty, and employees from any and all liability, claims, expenses or losses arising from bodily injuries or damage to people or property resulting from my child’s involvement and participation in the camp. I further acknowledge and agree that I will be fully responsible for any and all losses or damages that my child inflicts upon any person or upon the school facilities during participation in the camp.
•Discover Camp is not responsible for personal belongings.
•No refunds will be issued after the first day of camp.
•No refunds will be issued for sick time, vacation time, or any time your child is absent from camp.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION, POLICES AND PROCEDURES ABOVE AND IN THE CAMP BOOKLET (AND/OR WEBSITE) AND I AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I AM THE LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE CAMPER.
By checking here, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. You have the right to request that you sign a paper copy instead. By checking here, you are waiving that right. After consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Your agreement to use an electronic signature with us for any documents will continue until such time as you notify us in writing that you no longer wish to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for withdrawing your consent. You should always make sure that we have a current email address in order to contact you regarding any changes, if necessary.
I fully understand that the Westchester Gymnastics staff members are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. With the above in mind, I hereby release the Westchester Gymnastics staff members to render temporary first aid to my child or children in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by the staff members to seek medical help, or call a doctor, including transportation by a Westchester Gymnastics staff member and or its representatives, whether paid or volunteer, to any health care facility or hospital, or the calling of an ambulance for said child should the Westchester Gymnastics staff deem this to be necessary. We, the staff of Westchester Gymnastics recognize our obligation to make our students and their parents aware of the risks and hazards associated with the sport of gymnastics, tumbling and cheerleading. Students may suffer injuries, possibly minor, serious, or catastrophic in nature. Gymnastics, Tumbling, and Cheerleading can be dangerous and can lead to injury. Parents should make their children aware of the possibility of injury and encourage their children to follow all the safety rules and coaches' instructions. I also understand that it is the parents responsibility to warn the child about the dangers and injury. The parent should warn the child according to what the parent feels is appropriate. Westchester Gymnastics will only warn the child through safety messages, and our teaching style and progressions. Westchester Gymnastics, its coaches and other staff members, will not accept responsibility for injuries sustained by any student during coarse of gymnastics, tumbling, dance, cheerleading, open workouts, or in the course of any exhibition, competition, or clinic in which he or she may participate or while traveling to or from any event. With the above in mind, I am fully aware of and appreciate the risks of catastrophic injury, paralysis, and even death, as well as other damages and losses associated with the participation in Gymnastics, Tumbling, and I also affirm that I now have and will continue to provide proper hospitalization, health, and accident insurance coverage which I consider adequate for both my child's protection and my own protection. I hereby verify by my participate in any activities at Westchester Gymnastics, Inc.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Martial Arts Program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below martial arts activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE; I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
a. There are risks and dangers associated with participation in martial arts events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
b. The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
c. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
d. There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/We HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the martial arts facility used by the participant, including it owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasee”…From all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin For any and all claims, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to property, arising out of or relating to the events(s) caused alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. I/We HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partners(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite the release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parents(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf , and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WTHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.